When it comes to web design, many business owners and entrepreneurs cringe at the thought of doing it themselves. The world of the web is a complicated science that has been made easy for the vast majority; however, running a website is a science that requires understanding of the math, code, and function of the worldwide web.
Generally speaking, web design is the creation and invention of electronic websites that are found through search engines like Google, Yahoo, and Bing. New web design is about collecting ideas and then aesthetically arranging images and keywords pertinent to the page or business. It’s like the Feng Shui of websites.
What Techniques are Used to Create a Website?
There are several elements considered and used in creating a new webpage. These include:
- And most importantly, Content
The most important aspect of all the elements is content. It’s imperative to keep keywords, images, and overall webpage design related to the actual content and what is being offered. If it’s a blog about nutrition, posting images of travel will reduce the chances of the page showing up on search engines.
How Much Does Web Design Cost?
There are companies and independent contractors out there that offer affordable web design services, so you need not do it yourself. Prices can range anywhere from $500 to a whopping $32,000. It all depends on what you need. The basics include:
- Domain name, which is about $10-15 per year
- A website hosting service, which can be anywhere from $10 to $100 a year depending on traffic to the webpage
- New web design planning and then continued maintenance will be 60+ hours, and this price ranges depending on the company and web design expert. Continued maintenance will depend on how many updates are needed and can cost from $500 and up.
- Marketing of website (optional) costs about $700 and up
Essentially, web design is a complicated process, especially for those with online selling options and the need for constant updating. The initial webpage design and maintenance is an investment that will help your business or blog grow exponentially. Cheap web design is available, but get a couple of opinions and do your research on what you actually need.